Traveling to the Crystal Coast of North Carolina during the fall is a truly enchanting experience. The region, known for its pristine beaches and charming coastal towns, takes on a unique and captivating atmosphere as the summer crowds thin out and the cooler, crisper autumn air takes over. The fall weather and foliage in Emerald Isle, NC, is simply divine. In October, the daily temperatures rarely dip below 60 degrees or creep above 84 degrees. Book your fall getaway with Spinnaker’s Reach Realty.
Spinnaker’s Reach Realty is a prominent and reputable real estate and vacation rental agency in the picturesque Crystal Coast of North Carolina. Choose from our lovely selection of Emerald Isle vacation rentals with options featuring private pools and ocean views. We even have vacation rentals that are pet-friendly so your entire family can come with you on your fall getaway.
Below is a glimpse of what it’s like to visit the NC Crystal Coast during this season:
A Few Popular Fall Festivals on the NC Crystal Coast
- Emerald Isle Marathon: Sign up for this Boston Marathon qualifier and enjoy breathtaking scenery and pleasant weather. The options you can sign up for are the 5K, half-marathon, and full marathon. The next date will be on Saturday, October 28, 2023.
- North Carolina Seafood Festival: Since the 1980s, the NC Seafood Festival has delighted people from near and far each fall with an impressive array of seafood, entertainment, vendors, and more. It’s the largest three-day festival in the state and was named by the International Festivals & Events Association as one of the top 200 must-see festivals. The next date will be October 6 – October 8, 2023.
- Cycle NC Mountains to Coast Ride: This incredible NC fall event takes participants on a biking journey that showcases the state’s remarkable natural beauty. The 2023 event will occur September 30 – October 7 and end in Emerald Isle, NC.
Our 3 Favorite Fall Activities in Emerald Isle, NC
- Enjoy a Brisk Hike: The NC Crystal Coast is filled with lovely nature trails you can explore during the crisp fall season. Enjoy a leisurely stroll on the 1-mile Emerald Isle Woods Trail. Or immerse yourself in the area’s history while exploring the trails at Fort Macon State Park.
- Fishing Adventures: The fall season is a great time to enjoy a fishing adventure in Emerald Isle, NC. Some of the most popular catches this time of year include red drum, snapper, and bluefish.
- Crystal Coast Golfing: Fall is the perfect time to tee off at the NC Crystal Coast golf courses. The pleasant autumn weather makes a day spent at the golf course pure bliss.