When you think of fall, is one of your first thoughts the beach? Probably not. We believe it should be, though! This autumn is the perfect time to escape to Emerald Isle, NC, get away from it all. From sparsely crowded beaches to unbelievable sunsets, there are a plethora of reasons why you should experience fall on Emerald Isle, and we’re here to tell you what they are.
When you visit Emerald Isle, you’ll want to visit all of the best hot spots. Take a look at our free Crystal Coast To Do List to learn about locals’ favorite restaurants, attractions, outdoor activities, and more!
The Best Things to Do During Fall on Emerald Isle
When you visit Emerald Isle during the fall season, you will experience milder temperatures and fewer crowds. It doesn’t get much better than that! Plus, there’s always something fun to do!
- Pier and Surf Fishing – Since there are fewer crowds on the beach during fall on Emerald Isle, this is prime time to cast a line in the green waters and enjoy some fishing. Plus, cooler water temperatures bring more fish like snapper, bluefish, and red drum closer to shore. Two of our favorite fishing spots are Bogue Inlet Pier and The Point.
- Golfing – When you hit the green and go golfing during autumn on Emerald Isle, you won’t get fatigued from the heat. Our favorite golf courses near Emerald Isle are Crystal Coast Country Club and Star Hill Golf Club.
- Hit the Beach – Embrace the fall weather and head to one of our pristine beaches. You’ll experience less humidity and temperatures hovering around 70 degrees. It doesn’t get much better than that! Enjoy your beach day and fly a kite, catch a wave on a surfboard, or search for sea glass and sharks’ teeth.
Annual Emerald Isle Fall Events
- Carolina Kite Festival (October) – For over 30 years, people have gathered at Atlantic Beach to celebrate the annual Carolina Kite Festival. Admission to this event is free, and it’s a fantastic event for the whole family to enjoy. You’ll be mesmerized by the magical colors of kites that overtake the sky.
- North Carolina Seafood Festival (October) – Seafood is an essential part of coastal towns in this area. This festival is the perfect place to learn about the culture and taste some local seafood for yourself. In addition to chowing down on fresh cuisine, you can also check out cooking demonstrations, a boat show, live music, and fireworks!
- Emerald Isle Fall Fishing Tournament (September) – If you’re an avid fisher, try your luck in the annual Emerald Isle Fall Fishing Tournament. They offer three divisions to participate in—King and Spanish Mackerel, Surf, and Kayak. If you’d instead attend the event to observe and have fun, that’s no problem! There will also be contests for children, a silent auction, and other exciting activities.
Make a Weekend Out of It
During the fall, a family’s schedule can get chaotic. Between school and soccer practice, it can be hard to keep up! That’s why here at Spinnaker’s Reach, we offer Partial Week Stays. That way, you can book an Emerald Isle vacation rental for the weekend. It’s the perfect relaxing weekend getaway!
Stay in the Best Emerald Isle Vacation Rental
During your trip to the Crystal Coast, you’ll need somewhere to be your home away from home. Spinnaker’s Reach is happy to offer a wide array of vacation rentals, making it easy to find the perfect one. Our inventory of vacation properties includes beachfront rentals, pet-friendly homes, homes with private pools, and more! You won’t be able to find a better selection of oceanfront rentals in Emerald Isle, NC.
It’s time to start planning your fall getaway to Emerald Isle. Browse our inventory and book your vacation home today!